The Best Diabetic Diet
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, then you know how important it is for you to be careful of the foods you eat. Foods that are high in sodium, calories, saturated fats and carbs can lead to heart disease and higher blood pressure. Although you may think this is limiting your diet, there are always healthy alternatives for your favorite meals and snacks. At Kitsune Medical Weight Loss, our team can create The Best Diabetic Diet that will allow you to eat healthy while still enjoying your food.
Our physicians and nutritionists will take your medical history into account when creating The Best Diabetic Diet plan personalized for you. We want to ensure that your diet will not only be effective in helping you eat healthily but not dangerous to your overall health.
Diabetic Diet Plan
Here are some foods you should avoid if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
- Coffee drinks: While a plain black coffee with a little creamer can be a fine choice, some drinks can be unhealthier than desserts. Be careful when ordering drinks with syrups and flavoring because they usually contain unhealthy amounts of sugar and carbs. If you are looking for a healthy alternative, try tea.
- French fries: While they may be an essential side for your meal, they are extremely unhealthy. It may not seem that you are eating much of them, but they are loaded with calories, fats, and sodium so even a small amount is unhealthy. As an alternative, bake your own in the oven at home.
- Flavored water: If you do not want to drink juice but still want some flavor in your beverage, it may seem that flavored water is the right choice. However, there is often sugar, carbs, and calories waiting for you. Sometimes, a regular sized bottle is more than one serving so drinking the entire thing is even more unhealthy. When looking for flavored drinks, always check the nutrition facts to see what is inside.
- Fruit smoothies: If you love to go out and buy smoothies because they are healthier, you should know they are most likely loaded with tons of sugar and calories. They negate any health benefits you may be receiving with all those extra unneeded calories. Making them at home is always the healthier option.
- Fried chicken: Chicken is a great meal option that is healthy and does not take much time to prepare. However, frying it makes it much more unhealthy by adding carbs, sodium, and cholesterol. If you are looking to enjoy chicken, get it grilled every time.
Best Foods for Diabetics
At Kitsune Medical Weight Loss, we want to provide our patients with The Best Diabetic Diet. If you are looking to eat healthier and lose weight this new year, our physicians and nutritionists will be more than happy to help you. They will take your medical history and current health into account when creating your plan, so it is not only effective in helping you lose weight but also beneficial for your overall health. If you have any questions about our services or plans, we will be happy to answer them for you.
Meet with our team of physicians and nutritionists today so they can create The Best Diabetic Diet plan for you by calling us at (786) 667-3626 or click here to schedule an appointment online!